How can an Independent Supporter help me?
An Independent Supporter can:
- Act as a named contact person throughout the EHC assessment and planning process.
- Focus on the main task of helping you to transfer a statement of SEN or LDA to an EHC plan (transfer review).
- Work with you if you are new to EHC referrals or if you have a LDA under the old system.
- Liaise across a range of local services and help you to gather the information required for an EHC plan.
- Provide you with info to help you understand personal budgets.