To make sure that children and young people have the right level of support for their needs, our fostering placements are split into three types: standard, complex and specialist.
Getting it right for every child
Our unique Team Parenting® approach is integrated throughout all our placements, with the level of input tailored to suit each child.
Standard placements are for children and young people who are usually regular school attenders and whose health, education and therapeutic needs can be met by the placing local authority.
Our complex placements are for children and young people who may have experienced or displayed some of the following:
- Physical and/or verbal aggression
- Placement breakdowns
- Exclusion from school
- Drug or alcohol abuse/dependency
- Attachment or anxiety disorders
- Inappropriate sexualised behaviour
Our specialist placements fully utilise our Team Parenting® approach and are for children and young people who:
- Are placed (or are at risk of being placed) in residential care
- Have been remanded into foster care
- Have profoundly challenging behaviour
- Are in need of a parent and child placement
- Have mental health disorders
- Are a physical or sexual threat to peers
- Are seeking sanctuary in the UK
For more information, visit our specialist placements page.
Family Finding Service
We provide a FREE long term fostering and specialist placement Family Finding Service.
The Placement Team are the first point of contact for local authorities. Offering a range of services including fostering placements and other support packages.
Find out more
About Fostering Placements services